EMPOWERING OUR PEOPLE
Our workforce of 5,000 forms the foundation of our business. Ensuring the wellbeing of our people is vital in maintaining a competitive edge. We are always engaging with our people to create a working environment that is safer, more creative and rewarding.
In an ever-changing business environment, it is vital that we support the learning and development of our employees to provide for continuous skills upgrading and acquisition. We introduced the Performance Management System more than 10 years ago to help us identify specific needs of all our employees and provide targeted training programmes to drive performance and develop new capabilities. As we grow, so do our people. Recognising individual talent and providing the right environment to maximise talent mark our commitment to people development.
Discover more about Samling Timber Malaysia’s training and development programmes.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Making Health and Safety Priority Sustainable
Samling Timber Malaysia is committed to promote a working culture that embraces health and safety as its priority. We are continuously working to create a capable workforce that is progressive and committed to a well defined policies, principles and practices to deliver on our health and safety goals.
Our operating units have established Health and Safety Committees dedicated to review the system of hazard identification, risk assessment and risk controls to continuously improve the mitigation to address the health and safety risks at each worksites. We seek to go beyond compliance; we seek to create a culture in which workers are not only meeting safety requirements, but more importantly, challenging and improving them.
Our Health and Safety Objectives
- Providing a safe environment for all employees, contractors and surrounding communities.
- Prioritising safety in all our operations and embedding a safety culture.
- Providing ongoing training and education in health and safety for all employees.
- Consulting with key stakeholders, experts and the workforce for safety improvements.
- Developing and implementing health and safety standards that comply with legislative requirements.
- Ensuring that continuous improvements are measured, evaluated, reported and incidents investigated to establish the root causes for lesson learnt and prevention of similar incidents.
Health And Safety Policy
The aim of our Health and Safety Policy is to facilitate a sustainable approach to preventing incidents at our work places. In principle, we strive to provide appropriate awareness on all possible known hazards, trainings on safe work methods using the right tools and equipment, written instructions (SOP), and supervisions as required to ensure our people are equipped with the skills and competencies.